Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Writing and sleeping in beds


I haven't been without a bed for the last few nights... not bad. And my hair looks like a person's hair now.

Stayed in Cinderland for 2 days. A sort of hippy center, an "unintentional living community" as Jesus the owner puts it. I'm not sure what to say about it because I'm short on time here at McDonalds -- Getting a little stink eye for smelling like a wet dog and spending $1.04 for 5 hours of wifi.

Very open people, very warm and touchy. Apparently, I can't handle that in such high doses because I learned that wasn't the place for me. But... I had a good time nonetheless. These people camp in half domesticated jungle.. some for life. One guy was perfecting his banana bread lava oven. A few single mothers were there with children. It becomes a place for travelers to kind of crash, but they ask $5 or $10 a night depending on if you take a bed or camp. Not bad.

A guy asked me to show him some yoga there at their studio, so I did. It was awesome. I liked doing it.

Then I cruised over to Hilo town, to my favorite hostel, Hilo Bay Hostel. There, I met Lily, who became my first "stranger" to write with me. So we wrote for 20 minutes and shared. That was exciting, and laid the groundwork for some good conversation and chilling. I'd say the first time since walkabout that I haven't felt alone. And, probably the least alone I've felt since coming to Hawaii. Good conversation is hard to find these days... But I'm glad to have the patience to wait for my right people, rather than desperately clinging / thinking I fit in nowhere.

Did pilates yesterday with Lily from my fav yoga teacher here. Got such a high from it, from bringing my private practice back into the studio. Really shows me what I've learned about my own body. So excited.

Lily did reiki on my arm... under the banyan tree in the dark, by where the river runs into the ocean. She's attuned to level 3, which is rare. It feels better today, and has been on the rebound for the last couple days. I can't even stress how important it is that I don't take that as a sign to abuse it. I keep doing that. KEEP doing that. Over and over. I'm not sure what to do... maybe magic marker DO NOT USE on my hand lol.

Crashed at my buddy Travis' house in Hilo last night. I ALSO got him to write! It was hilarious, because he wrote creatively and mine was characteristically journal-like. When i asked him what he thought about mine, he said "uhh.. it was pretty personal." What a cool thing it has been to kind of hoist that on people around me and see what people do with it. He got something out of it though, because he's got some creative ideas he wants to expand on. I'm sure he thought I was nuts.

So, there ya go. Had to walk in the rain this morning so I'm sitting here at McD's smelling horrible... my shoes got soaked. I'm quickly running out of money and need to figure out what I'm doing. But.. I applied to a job in Illinois yesterday, did hours of paid work this morning while drying. Have plans to camp with Adam in Waipio tonight, and the door is open at Ahu Lani should I need it (confirmed.) The plan? Trust.

Woo hoo!

1 comment:

  1. Monk, I forgot to mention the hair cut. Looks good. You may smell like a wet dog but you look nice. (ugh,such a mom thing to say)
    LYHAGAU'sF

    ReplyDelete